Friday, September 08, 2006

Local meal week 11

I neglected to capture a photo before we ate it all so you'll have to make do with a description and use your imaginations. We were in a hurry last night because we had tickets to the circus and I knew I didn't want to fool with cooking something as we were trying to get out the door with two little boys, so I used the crockpot.

(By the way, the circus was a little disappointing. It was far from the greatest show on earth. I guess they have multiple circus shows and we got the minor league team. It’s still a nice family experience, but not what we were expecting when we entered the arena. We were going to buy the boys some popcorn or cotton candy as a treat, but the prices made me long for a movie theater. $10 for a box of popcorn? Um, excuse me? How about you just take my first born? Here, just take him.)

The local meal this week was:
Roast beef (55 miles)
Potatoes (0 miles, given to me by a friend)
Carrots (0 miles)
Cucumber (0 miles)

Non local ingredients were some salt and pepper and some seasoning salt sprinkled on the cucumber.

FGLB

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! you ate cucumbers. Your new adventures in the culinary world is still amazing me.

Sorry the circus was disappointing.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

10 bucks for a box of popcorn?

Holy cow!

Did they take credit cards?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I never said I ate them mom, they were just served at the dinner table.

I don't think they took credit cards. Probably because no one would have a credit limit high enough to pay for much of their stuff!!

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the cotton candy was $6! Give me a break! It was hard to disappoint the boys, but we were not willing to pay that after we spent $15 a piece on tickets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home