Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Frost warning

I went out to cover up the peppers and tomatoes because it's going to get cold soon....

I had to use towels because I don't have any old sheets. This winter I'll sick my bargin hunter (aka mother in law) on it so I'll be ready next year.

I started digging through the pepper plants pulling off peppers, just in case they were ruined, and look what I found. An actual red one!

One of the peppers on my plants actually made it all the way to the red stage!!!!

Holy freaking cow.

It was buried inside the plants. You couldn't see it from the outside, but I found it, and seeing one that actually made it to be red affirms for me that my peppers were a success. I'll plant them again next year, just not 6 plants. 2 should be plenty.

Ethan looks kinda surprised that it's red. Yeah, me too.

FGLB

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

Cool, I had the same experience tonight - surprise red peppers! I'm hoping the frost doesn't actually materialize. We've got a lot of tomatoes out there yet and weren't able to adequately cover them all.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger AnnMarie said...

I had the opposite problem--I planted 5 pepper plants and only got 2 oe 3 from each but one (which gave about 3 large and 4 small ones). I intend to double the plantings next summer!

p.s. please consider changing the options in Blogger to send full entries on the RSS feed. Otherwise, for bloglines readers like me, we only get a few lines so rarely read full entries since it's a hassle to do so.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I checked out the plants last night and think they might have been OK, but we'll see later tonight. They definately saw some frost as they were crunchy and so were the towels I took off them.

Annmarie--I have the setting at full for site feed. I just signed up for a feedburner account(??) so maybe that will help you. I'm way out of my element here so if you have any guidance I would be happy to take it. I'm not familiar with how all those site feed things work really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home