Friday, August 25, 2006

Local meal week 9

This week we had a beef and vegetable stir fry. I followed a recipe that did not have anywhere near enough veggies. Next time I'll use about 3x as many veggies and about half as much meat.

Dessert was some local apples from an orchard trip my wife and kids made.

Non local ingredients.

Soy Sauce
Corn starch
Garlic powder (why didn't I use fresh garlic? I don't know. I just blindly followed the recipe.)

Local ingredients
Round steak, carrots, celery, onions, zucchini, apples.

FGLB

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Liz said...

I never get why so many recipes scrimp on the veggies... vegetables are so cheap compared to meat! I'm confident enough in the kitchen now that I usually double (at least) the veggies to get dishes the way I want them.

Stir-fries are fun!

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should ask Liz for some stir fry recipes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home