Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lemonade?

I bought a bottle of something called Lemonade out of the machine in Vendoland today. I say it's called Lemonde because that's what the bottle says. It's even "Made with real lemons." But in reality it doesn't really taste like any Lemonade I've ever had. It mostly tastes like a pale version of something lemony with no real bite. Kind of like crystal light or something. I guess Lemonade was too lemony so they had to tone it down or something.

Anyway, the real thing I wanted to share was a rundown of the ingrediant list. This is unholy. Where are the lemons they speak of on the front of the bottle? Does lemon concentrate count as "real lemons" because they WERE lemons at one point? If there are "real lemons" in the drink they aren't on the ingrediant list.

And what the hell is Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin? Is this like the stuff in the rosin bags on a pitcher's mound? Why the hell am I drinking that? The most telling thing? They added yellow food coloring to this to make it yellow!!! That is totally wrong. It should be yellow on it's own you idiots!! You have messed up your "Lemonade" if it isn't yellow completely on it's own!!

You can tell I'm all hopped up on HFCS. My arms and legs are all shaky. I feel like I could run through a brick wall right now. I'm like JoJo the idiot circus boy. Imagine all the kids in America drinking this stuff right now and everyone is thinking "It's not so bad, it's lemonade."

The bottle says "Shake well and enjoy". Yeah right.

FGLB

1 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

It's a stabilizer.

It's in some of the icings I use on donuts as well.

Which means donuts are as healthy as lemonade:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home