Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A couple rides

I went out at 5 this morning for a quick little ride around town. I figure I better get off my ass if I'm going to ride 50 miles on the 29th and halfway enjoy it. Riding in the mornings is great. Nobody around to bother me and it is so quiet. All I can hear is the clicking of my freewheel.

Then the stars aligned and I was able to hit the Sugar Bottom Mountain Bike trails tonight. I can't believe how sweet it is to ride some nice singletrack, but man, doing that kicks your ass. (or at least mine) Up and down the hills and pedaling away like mad to go forward over all the tree roots and branches in the way. Careening down hills and trying like mad to steer quick enough to miss the trees and making sure to maximize my speed for the next uphill (and the sweet jumps) takes a lot out of you physically and mentally.

But it's worth it. Riding on the trails is so much better than churning away on the street.

I make so much noise laboring up the hills that if someone was in the woods and heared me pedaling away they have to think Sasquatch is giving birth. It's unreal. It sort of sounds like a cat being strangled mixed in with a fat guy trying to breath and also sounds like an alien child. I finally quit because my arms were just too sore to hold me up and move the front wheel on the bike.

I'm going to hit the sack.
FGLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home