Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Been having some nice weather lately, but have opted to play Tennis over lunch instead of riding the bike. I'm expecting to be on the bike tomorrow. Although the recent reports show rain...

I've been researching some mountain bike trails in the area to try out this summer so I'll let you know how that goes. I've never actually used the mountain bike for what it was intended. For some reason in the past mountain biking just did not appeal to me. Now I'm wondering what it's all about. I'm not sure why I've had this change in heart. Maybe because road riding is what it is. It's kind of the same thing every time. From what I can tell, mountain biking is completely different than road riding and no ride is the same. That is appealing to me. Combine that with the fact that with the changes in my life lately my riding will be more regimented, in that, I'll need to do it at a specific time. And that kind of fits into mountain biking where you go to the trail and ride and then go home. Plus, when you are riding off road it seems like you ride hard and fast for 60-90 minutes and then you are done. Road riding is really more of a long distance endurance type of thing. This compacted riding seems to fit into my life's time constraints better.

I'm even getting serious enough to print some maps and swap out my tires.

This is a good site about local bike trails in Iowa. And a list here.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not sure when I'll get the tires swapped and get on a trail but it's on the task list.

FGLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home