Saturday, March 18, 2006

Smokey and the Bandit Part II



Things started off well today. Over to your right you will see a picture of old smokey puffing away. It's hard to see the smoke, but trust me, it's there. If you took one sniff of me you would know what I've been doing all day.

Here is a shot of the butts and ribs (the brats were forgotten, sadly, this morning so they wait for another day) after smoking for 6 hours and just before I slid them into the oven.




I decided to take the easy way out for the remainder of the afternoon and cook them in the oven at a nice low temperature. Thay way I can make sure they are done, and most importantly, get in a nap without worrying about the fire dying.

The smell in the house while they were cooking in the oven was heavenly. I think using the oven is the way to go in the future. Why waste that smell outside? That's what I say. Make the whole house smell like BBQ. YUM!!


Are they good? Yes. We had a little tonight when I was shredding the pork and it was incredible. The ribs seem like they will be good. I tried to cut them tonight but when I picked them up they broke apart. Yum!! Can't wait to eat it tomorrow.

FGLB

5 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!!!!

Looks delish and bet the smell was heavenly!!

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure did look good I could almost smell it. Course cooking it outside part of the day sure would make your neighbors wish they were their. And then give you the best smell of all when they are almost done. Not quite so tormenting, wishing they would hurry up an get done.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt was so tired from the weekend that he was in bed by 8:30 on Sunday night. It doesn't help that he is fighting some sort of illness. In spite of it all, the meat was AWESOME! And spending time together as a family was just the frosting on the cake. It is so nice to be able to spend the weekend with all 3 of my boys!

 
At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Too bad I'm not enjoying the outside BBQ yet-that sounds sooo yummy! My mom passed your postings along to me and well...now I'm ready to throw some pork in the oven! My hubby LOVES*** BBQ PORK*** BIG TIME! I'll tell Don he has you to thank tonight while he's chompin into the Q!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks all for coming to check out my blog.

Viper--Keep trying and it will get better and better. In the near future I'm going to make a trash can smoker and if it works out we'll make you one too.

I'm glad I inspired everyone to eat some BBQ.

FGLB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home