Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Houston, we have a problem

So, my friend that just recently got a new bike that I am not jealous of in anyway (I swear) wrecked his bike. Just a little, and he's OK. And it wasn't even his fault, but it still sucks. It's that how it happens? You get something nice and new and then something happens to screw it up.

He was riding along on the city wide trail system and as he passed the entrance to a business someone tried to beat him up the drive to the business place. Basically, they turned in front of him and tried to go fast enough that they wouldn't have to wait precious seconds for him to pass and go behind him. So he laid on the brakes, locked 'em up, and barely clipped the end of their truck with his bike. Since he has clip in pedals he went down like a drunk turtle on bid day. Here is where it is interesting. The person who owns the truck had the gall to tell him that he was lucky that he didn't hit more than just his bumper.

What!!! You pulled in front of him m-f-er. You think that's OK because he's on a bike or something? Would it be OK if you had done that when you were both in cars? I can't believe the attitudes of people when it comes to biking. I've had a few showdowns with people when I'm riding on the streets, but never face to face with someone. The worst thing that has happened to me is for someone to tap the brakes when I'm telling them they're number 1. Although I was sufficiently ready to throw down that day and let crazy fatty come out and play

My friend is still steamed and it's been a few days. The driver isn't being very forthcoming with wanting to pay to fix my friend's bike ($400!!) so it looks like they are going to have to visit Judge Judy. Just man up and take care of it. Loser.

FGLB

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Frostbike said...

What in the world is "bid day" and why are the turtles celebrating?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home