Wednesday, March 08, 2006

He's got a gigantic melon!!

In my idle time I have often found myself wondering why I have such a large head. Why would genetics bless someone with a head that is larger than someone else's? It's not like I'm abnormally intelligent and my brain is larger than average, and thus, I would need a larger head to encompass it. (I do seem to be able to retain a lot of stupid worthless trivia for some reason, although sadly, not important things like minor tasks that my wife asks me to do) Evolution wise it would seem that having a head bigger than average would not be good for the survival of your gene pool. But yet, here is my head.

My parents seem to have normal size heads. But for some reason I seem to have a nice round pumpkin head. It's odd how round it is. I look like one of those little people from the kid's toy sets. As I get older I notice it seems to get larger. A lot of this stems from the extra chins that seem to be packed around the base, but it seems something else is at hand here. I have heard that people's noses and ears get bigger as they age, maybe my head does? Really, I think my head grew to it's current size so that it would be in proportion to the general large size of my body. Sort of like a strange Barry Bonds esque head growth but not with the use of steroids or human growth hormones.

Has anyone else noticed how Al Roker looks nowadays after he lost all that weight? That seems to be how I look too. My head is out of proportion to my body. Actually, I guess my head is in a rough proportion to my blimped up body. Does that mean I'll look like Al Roker when or if I ever lose weight?

I wonder how much extra drag my head places on my aero profile when I'm riding my bike? I would imagine there is some impact, although doubtful that it would have a larger impact than my weight.

I need to get back on my bike. Tomorrow is basketball day. I think I'll do a ride Friday at lunch, unless it is raining.

FGLB

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you so obsessed with the size of your head? If you had a little head think about how funny it would look on your body.

Speaking of genetics, why do you have such a big head and your brother have such a small one? What about Lacey? I guess hers is normal.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with wifey and you are not a blimpo. Granted you could lose a few pounds but as for the melon head you think you have just consider it along with your ego.

Big head, big ego.

Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home