Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Apocalypse is coming

I've started to grow my hair out. For the past 3-4 years I've had a buzz cut. Somewhat because I'm lazy and don't like to make time to go get my haircut, somewhat because it's cheaper than haircuts and somewhat because then I don't have to screw with it. But I recently decided to grow my hair out. So far I look like a bushy chia pet. But there is one major problem. There isn't as much hair growing back as there was before.

This is not a good thing.

I'm OK with the idea of being bald. In fact, I think it's kind of cool. Bald is beautiful right? Right? Not to mention, my wife thinks bald guys are hot, (she thinks big guys are too so I have it made...unless she is feeding my ego..hey, wait a minute) so I've got that working for me, but I don't think I'm cool with it actually happening. In fact, lately I've spent a lot of time obsessing over the seemingly large reduction in the amount of hair on the front part of my head. You don't notice it as much when the hairs barely stick out of your skin, but when you can look in the mirror and basically count every little strand of hair, it's a little concerning. I'm really not sure how to approach this new facet of my life. For the next 10-20 years I'm going to be the guy who is struggling with his hair loss and doesn't know what to do with his hair.

I promise, no matter what happens, I won't be this guy. Dude, it's time to let it go.

Another sign that the world, as I know it, is coming to an end:
I was listening to the classic rock station here in town. No big deal, I pretty only listen to that station when it's not sports. The problem was, they were playing songs that were made after I was born!! Those songs are not classic rock!! They are cool rock. Or something. But not classic. Classic signifies that they are old. They are not old. Those songs are hip and cool!! Go back to playing the songs that were made before I was born and then I can live with them being called Classics. If songs "created" after I was "created" are called Classics the inference is that I am also a Classic. I AM NOT!

FGLB


1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess the fact that the first hill of "over the hill" is just around the corner is taking its toll!!!

HEH!HEH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home