Monday, February 06, 2006

Old man winter wins today

Bike Miles today: 0

It was just too cold today, for me anyway. Weather hack said it was -1 this morning so I got straight off the coach and into the shower. Took the bus to work. Had to run to the bank at lunch so I didn't even get in a workout at all.

I guess I was wrong about my Seahawks prediction. They really crapped the game away. They were helped by some onerous calls but they still couldn't get it done. Really, when you look at the box score Seattle looks like the team that would have won, but they let Pittsburgh have two big plays that killed them

I got a stir fry pan this weekend so the last few days I've been stir frying anything not attached to the walls. I'm really enjoying it. I'm surprised how much fun it is. Even the prep is fun. Probably because I'm learning so much about it right now and it isn't all the same old same old. It's great to mix together all the different spices and see how things turn out. As far as I can tell, if you want to make a pretty good stir fry you just put some soy sauce in the pan with some lemon juice. And you can do other things from there. You can hit it with some ginger, or lemon peel, or maybe a little heat and some pepper flakes. It's great. I have to keep things under control because I have two little boys that are hit or miss on things, but I'm introducing them to new things, that is for sure. I recommend getting a stir fry pan.

If you have a chance check out Bicycles and Icicles today. He's been riding in a little race called the Frigid Bits and now (as if riding your bike in Alaska in the winter wasn't exciting enough) they are going to do it at night. Crazy! I would be interested in doing a nighttime ride, but in the summer. Then some tough hombres up there.

FGLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home