Thursday, February 02, 2006

Another day in paradise

Bike Miles today: 9

Another windy day in Iowa. Man, it has been windy. I hear winds approaching 30 MPH tomorrow, and the temperature is coming back down. The ride was about normal today. It was nice and warm for the ride home so that was enjoyable. My legs are hurting so much from the hard riding the past few days, and basketball today. I think I need a rest day, which usually is what my weekends are in the winter.

I played basketball over lunch today and man that works you a lot differently than biking. Really, it's kind of a stretch for me to say I played. It's more like I lumbered up and down the court huffing and puffing and occasionally pulling a good play out of my ass. My specialty when I play basketball is banging under the boards for rebounds and easy shots. Today I was forced to play a guy who is approaching 60, and he was schooling me. He prefers to play away from the basket and run a lot. This isn't something that particularly care for. The running part I mean. Not to mention that for a little guy he wasn't afraid to bang around for a rebound. Gotta respect that.

I've been working on my baby hook lately (I dusted that thing off from my childhood) so I think I'll pull that out soon. That shot is unstoppable if you can get in position for it. (It would help if I wasn't so busy sucking air and could actually play) Right now I mostly do fadeaway jumpers (I don't have a lot of ups) and quick shots off screens. I'm an excellent passer though so no one can say I hog the ball. As Bill Walton would say "He has Inccccrrrreedddiiibbblllleee court vision" I actually prefer to let someone else take the shot than for me to take it. But that's more because when I'm more than a foot away from the basket the odds are not good that the ball will go in.

I've been promising a messenger bag review and I promise that it's coming soon. Perhaps tomorrow.

FGLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home