Monday, January 30, 2006

Nothing like riding with a wet road

Bike Miles today: 9

The ride today was pretty nice. The weather is certainly above average for this time of year. It was sleeting a little on me this morning, but not too bad. I don't have fenders on my bike so it was hard to tell if it was coming from the sky or the tires. I hate the stuff that comes off the tires. It gets all over my back and face. Not to mention the kind of yuck in that spray from the road. My stomach rolls thinking of some of the stuff that is coming off the road. Some of the people at work can't believe I would ride in this kind of weather. I tell them I can't imagine driving my car in this kind of weather!! Besides, riding a bike to work on a crappy day beats riding the bus to work on a crappy day.

I felt bad for my poor bike bag today. It was it's first day out in the rain. It performed well, but it wasn't raining that hard. It certainly isn't as pristine looking as it was. I guess that's OK because I certainly want it to look like it is being used, but it would have been nice for it to be shiny a little while longer.

If I'm going to ride in wet weather a lot perhaps I should get some fenders. I've been eyeing them for quite a while, but I haven't wanted to make the investment. I have a mountain bike that would require some custom configuration to get the fenders installed (I want the full on wrap around fenders not the moto-cross style) and haven't wanted to chance that they wouldn't get installed properly. Plus, I know at some point I'll be getting a road bike so I am thinking I should limit what I put into the old mountain bike. Who knows, maybe I'll give myself a birthday present this year.

FGLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home