Thursday, January 26, 2006

Karma?

I was out of commission for a couple days because some lonely computer geek who was tired of watching Star Trek on TV made a virus that my computer wasn't ready for. Here is the post that I wrote for Wednesday that I'm posting today. FGLB

****************************************************
Bike Miles today: 0

The weather man scared me this morning so I wimped out for the daily commute. But it turned out to be nicer than the weather guy made me believe. I guess that is what I get for listening to the weather man. What is it with weather people and their accuracy? If any of us were as accurate at work as the weather person was we would be fired. I think it stems from the fact that the weather person always makes the weather seem worse than it is so that if they are "wrong" the weather is nicer than people's expectations, and thus, the people are happy. If they are right then it makes them look halfway intelligent. What a job.

Yesterday when I was riding to work in the morning I came upon a fellow bike commuter. As we passed I warned this person of ice on the trail ahead. Who knows if they actually heard me. When I looked back shortly later, justifiably concerned because this person was moving very quickly, I saw them take a tumble on the ice, which was placed in a bad spot on a corner and it was on the inside of the turn. They very quickly got up and took off, I think embarrassed by their little tumble. I'm trying to figure out my role in this. I feel less guilty because I warned the person (and frankly, just a few minutes before I was watching the road well enough to see it in front of me with no warning from another biker, and I moved to the other lane safely) but I still feel a little bad about it because maybe I didn't warn the person well enough. Now I have to wonder when we pass in the future in the mornings will this biker be hostile to me? Who knows. Not to mention after the person took off I had a smile on my face because of the wreck. That's probably wrong too but it's kind of funny when people wreck and they aren't hurt.

FGLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home